The Fire Fighters Charity Raffle
– How Woods Valldata took a bold approach to re-engage supporters through an integrated raffle campaign.
A bold approach to a raffle campaign for The Fire Fighters Charity, making strong use of the Woods online raffle platform, has delivered excellent results, re-engaging lapsed supporters, and recruiting a new younger audience to become part of the raffle campaign.
With this campaign, The Fire Fighters Charity won the Lotteries Council Campaign of the Year 2016.
Services: Raffle campaign
The Fire Fighters Charity (FFC) approached Woods Valldata with a brief for a campaign to demonstrate what buying lottery tickets can achieve in providing services for beneficiaries in need. The charity wanted to re-engage with lapsed supporters through a targeted letter.
The campaign pushed supporters to the FFC’s website and online raffle platform – provided by Woods Valldata – enabling younger players, families and event attendees to take part.
Key benefits were:
- Powerful, cause-led creative across direct mail, posters and email
- Strong use of online promotion right up to last minute response
- A new source of data was developed through a data collection campaign with the fire service community
- Lapsed supporters responded strongly to the creative approach.
- More female supporters (those recruited through Face to Face) were engaged with their raffle.
- More supporters than ever were mailed and received this useful update on the services and activities of The Fire Fighters Charity.
- Online income grew by two-thirds over previous campaigns, to deliver 30% of the total campaign income.
“We have enjoyed working with Woods Valldata and have appreciated their valuable advice.”
Corinne Guehenneux Income Generation & Engagement Officer – The Fire Fighters Charity