TAKE PART IN OUR SECTOR SURVEY & ENTER FREE PRIZE DRAWTake Part
We know that your privacy is very important to you, therefore we aim to be as clear as possible about how and why we use personal information about you.
Compliance with UK Data Protection laws such as the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003; and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a key element of our working practices. We have a set of principles which govern how we use the personal information that we collect about you. These principles are:
- We will only process your personal data where you have either given us consent to do so, or your contact information has been obtained from the public domain
- We take all reasonable care to safeguard your personal information through security policies and secure working practices
- We do not sell on your personal data
- Any third parties we utilise in the provision of the processing of your personal data will be subject to contract, which will include appropriate data protection clauses
Personal data we collect about you
We only need your name, address and email address to enable us to provide you details about Woods Valldata and its service offerings. If you provide additional information such as company name and telephone number, you do so at your own volition.
Marketing will only be conducted via email, where you have either given consent by signing up to receive our newsletter or you contact information has been obtained from the public domain, such as LinkedIn. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the ‘opt out’ link within a previous newsletter or by completing the form under ‘Contact us’ and asking to be removed from the mailing list.
Who has access to your personal information
The personal information we collect about you will be used within the Woods Group Limited. trading as Woods Valldata. Exactly who sees your personal information depends on the context in which you provided it.
The physical hosting of our website is within the European Economic Area (EEA); however, the hosting company is US based but they do comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield. Your email contact details are processed in the US, with a company that complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield.
How long do we keep your personal information?
How long we keep your personal information depends on the context in which it was collected:
- For marketing purposes, we will only keep your contact details for as long as we have your consent to send you marketing information.
- Queries raised via the website will be kept for 12 months after the query has been satisfactorily dealt with
- Cookies – please refer to our cookies policy.
Keeping your personal information secure
We take the security of your personal information seriously.
We’ve implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and offline, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
Here are some of the ways we protect your personal information:
- If you provide personal information to us via our website the transmission of that information to us is protected by RSA (2048 bit) session encryption.
- Your personal information is kept securely and is restricted by appropriate authorisation and authentication controls.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, but data can never be guaranteed as 100% secure.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
As a data subject you have specific rights relating to the processing of your personal data, such as:
- A right of access to your data
- A right to rectification or erasure of your data
- A right to restrict or prevent processing of your data
- A right to be forgotten
- A right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can request a copy of the personal information Woods Valldata processes about you by contacting us via:
Writing to The Data Protection Officer, Woods Valldata, Lansdowne House, Bumpers Way, Chippenham SN14 6NG.
On-line via our ‘Contact us’ form.
Note: before any personal data can be released, the Data Protection Officer will need to verify your identify.
Please use the ‘Contact us’ form for all other requests.